Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I see the sun!

Was wondering if the sun was going to show it's face around here anymore at all. Seems like weeks since we have seen it. But thanks to God's graces, I see it bright and shining today.

Every year I plant a garden and can the extra vegetables for use later in the winter. I usually plant a pretty good size one, because Mom and Dad also love the fresh veggies. I went out yesterday to look and see if I need to provide the tomato plants with snorkels and promptly sunk in my yard up to one ankle. We have had so much rain and I knew not to venture in the garden but even the yard is at it's max now. The tomato plants look like they have weathered the heavy rains, but the beans and peas have not sprouted and I am concerned that they are rotting in the ground. Only time will tell.

Well with all the rain, I worked yesterday on getting laundry caught up and searching for fabric for my commissioned baby quilts. I never thought that finding the perfect fabric would be so hard. The first quilt was requested to have elephants. I definately wanted something cute, but for a boy, also.



This is what I came up with and will use the bright red and bright blue as coordinating fabrics.

I also had time to work on a personal quilt that has been in progress for over a month now. I saw this pattern made up in a quilt and decided to try and make my own pattern for it. I was shocked to see that I can still draft things using graph paper. After making the center blocks, I started and finished the next "row" of blocks yesterday. I still have 24 more blocks to make as this one is for my bed. I showed DH last night and he was impressed and excited, until I told him that I was considering sending the completed top out to be quilted. He was kind shocked since I do most of my quilting on my home machine. I will have to think about it but shudder at the idea of quilting a king size on my little machine.

Here is a sneak peek at the center.




And after the outside 8 blocks were added last night.



Today will be less exciting in the quilting world as my real life calls me to do other things, but hope you have many happy stitches today.

POOF!

No comments: