Sunday, May 16, 2010

Giving a fabric hug!

I know, I know! 2 posts in one day is unheard of, LOL. But I thought that since the first post was just a history, I would be excused by the Blog Police.

Well wanted to show you a few quilts I finished lately. The first is a quilt that I made for my niece for her 2nd birthday. I cut it on Tuesday and finished about 2 hours before her party on Saturday ( you will find this is a trend with me). I found the pattern in the May 2010 issue of The Quilter magazine.
The pattern is called Forever Sunshine by Jane Quinn. I decided that for my girly niece that pinks and chocolate brown was the way to go. I also decided to add a little to the pattern by cutting and appliquing flowers spilling into the bottom border. I loved the way it finished and hope she gets years of enjoyment from it.

I also recently completed a quilt for my Mom for Mother's Day. This was also a quickly made quilt because life was getting in the way. I it from Eleanor Burn's book called "Still Strippin" and the pattern is called four sisters. Even though mom didn't have four sisters, she had four siblings. I wanted to get this to her beacause over the last several years her health has been declining due to emphysemia. It was important for me to finish a quilt so that she would always have fabric hugs from me. I liked how this one finished, but wish that I had used a green that had a small print. the green I used was a beautiful material but looks so bold because all the other fabrics are prints.



Have a sew beautiful day!

Poof!

No comments: