Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What a good long day!

I picked 2 rows of peas and and got them shelled. Still have 2 rows left to pick and I think that they are almost finished.

Tabetha came over and the boys swam with Paiton and Blayne. We looked at the tomatos that have lots of yellow leaves and we are thinking it is some sort of bacteria or blight. They were looking so good until a couple of days ago. Hornworms topped about 10 plants in one night. I then weeded a half row of beans (thanks, Tabetha)and discovered that I really needed to be picking beans! Dad was over mowing hay and we found the first 2 ripe blackberries. We also noticed the chickens eating them so I worked most of the evening putting the sheer curtains (garage sale find) over the blackberries. It will keep the chickens out and maybe leave some for us to eat!

We then topped off the night with a ride on the Ferris Wheel at the Prairie Home fair! Tonight was the Tractor Pull but it was alot shorter than other years. Paiton was scared to death this year on the ferris wheel, but she made it okay. High today was 90! Think I am ready for bed.

Poof!

No comments: